Swimming is a great activity for babies, as it can provide numerous benefits such as physical development, sensory stimulation, and bonding time with parents. In Canada, where the weather can get quite cold, many parents wonder how they can continue to expose their babies to swimming throughout the colder months. In this article, we will explore baby swimming in Canada and how to continue exposure to your baby through bathing and indoor pools.
The Benefits of Baby Swimming
Before we dive into how to continue baby swimming during the colder months, let’s first explore the benefits of baby swimming. Here are some of the ways that baby swimming can benefit your child:
- Physical Development: Swimming can help to develop your baby’s muscles, coordination, and motor skills. It can also improve their cardiovascular health and lung capacity.
- Sensory Stimulation: Swimming can provide your baby with a unique sensory experience as they feel the water against their skin and hear the sound of the water.
- Bonding Time: Swimming is a great way for parents to bond with their babies. It can provide a fun and enjoyable activity for both parent and child.
- Confidence Building: Swimming can help to build your baby’s confidence and self-esteem as they learn new skills and become more comfortable in the water.
Continuing Exposure to Baby Swimming During Colder Months
While swimming during the summer months is easy, it can be a bit more challenging during the colder months in Canada. However, there are still ways to expose your baby to swimming during this time.
- Bath Time: Bath time can be a great opportunity to expose your baby to swimming. You can fill the bathtub with warm water and allow your baby to splash around and play in the water. This can provide a similar sensory experience to swimming and help to build your baby’s confidence in the water.
- Indoor Pools: Many community centers and fitness centers have indoor pools that are open year-round. You can take your baby to these indoor pools for
- Our Baby Swim Course: Our Baby Swim Course has been designed with parents in mind and to assist you through a range of questions that may arise. With hours of exclusive video content and material at your fingertips you’ll be busy guiding your baby through their first year of swimming!